Raft Guide School
UPDATE 3/24/19 GUIDE SCHOOL IS FULL PLEASE CONTACT US TO GET ON THE WAITING LIST
Are you looking to become a river guide ? We are hiring for the 2019 season! Join 4 Corners expert instructors for a challenging and rewarding whitewater curriculum. This course will cover all the topics and river miles needed for Colorado Raft Guide Certification.
To become a river guide in the State of Colorado you must have 50hrs of “on-water training” with a certified guide instructor and current First Aid/CPR certifications. All perspective employees will then need to complete a check out run with a guide instructor before becoming a state licensed river guide.
- Proper equipment selection, use and repair.
- Clothing and personal gear selection, use and maintenance.
- River features and hazards.
- Scouting, portaging, lining and running rapids.
- Paddle boat technique.
- Oar raft technique.
- Leadership and guiding in a private or commercial environment.
- River rescue and safety procedures.
- Flip and swimmer recovery.
- Minimizing outdoor recreation resource impacts.
WHAT IS PROVIDED?
- Rafts, paddles, personal flotation device, helmet.
- Wetsuit and paddle jacket and water shoes
- Expert instruction.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
- Sturdy footwear that you don’t mind getting wet.
- Personal gear and clothing.
- Your own paddling gear if you have it (wetsuit/drysuit, PFD, helmet, etc).
- Pen and notebook.
- Money for food
- Sleeping bag and pad.
Contact us directly to sign up!