This whitewater rafting trip through our national kayak course provides thrilling rapids and Class III rafting. See historical Old West landmarks and hear stories about the early days of Durango.
Inflatable Kayak Rafting Trip - Lower Animas
- 2.5 Hours
- Single Kayak
- 4.5 Hours
- Single Kayak
Get a Taste of Adventure on the Lower Animas
Inflatable kayaking is a great way to have your own personalized whitewater adventure. We can’t think of a better way for anyone to catch the “kayaking bug” than to join us on a guided inflatable kayaking trip. These boats are fun and easy to maneuver. Inflatable kayaks are the ultimate crafts for an exhilarating day of paddling on the Lower Animas River. (Kayaks will only be available once the river is below 1200cfs and are subject to availability due to changing river conditions)
Take a ride down the Lower Animas River and experience the excitement and ease of maneuvering your kayak through the river. This is a great option for those wanting to try a new experience. You are outfitted with all the necessary safety equipment and instruction to make the most of your trip. Kayaking experience is necessary!
Our 4.5-hour (Half Day) trip gives you plenty of time on the water to paddle, glide, and bounce through rapids and calm spots. You have a raft guide on the water with you throughout the trip.
What to Bring
- Sturdy footwear like old tennis shoes — We also rent river shoes.
- Please, no flip flops or sandals
- Rafts do not have storage. Please leave all personal items in a hotel room or vehicle.
- Wallets, keys, and phones can be left in our complimentary secure lockers.
- Sign the digital waiver ASAP for everyone in the group.
- Please arrive 20 minutes before your scheduled adventure time.
- Parking is available at our location.
- Restrooms and changing areas are available.
- For sanitation reasons, shirts must be worn under life jackets.