- Guide School 1
- Guide School 2
We hope you consider Durango Rivertripper & Adventure Tours, Flexible Flyers Raft & Jeep, and 4 Corners Whitewater for your future guide school. If you are looking for an adventurous, exciting, and fast-paced summer job then look no further. Working as a professional raft guide on MULTIPLE RIVERS is a highly rewarding job where you get to be outside, stay in shape, work with awesome people, and gain important customer service and leadership skills. The rivers we operate on are the Upper & Lower Animas, Dolores, San Miguel, West Water (Moab, UT), Moab Daily, Ruby Horsethief, Rio Chama, and the Piedra. We are in 3 states with daily runs and multiday options.
Every day of guide school we will meet at our River Office at 360 S. Camino Del Rio Durango Colorado 81301. We recommend bringing lunch, snacks, and lots of water. Bring extra layers and dry clothes for after each day, the weather can change very quickly and does get cold fast.
Schedule for the week (subject to change)
- Arrive in the morning, get to meet everyone and go over introductions and expectations for the week.
- Gear check out for the week. This includes lifejackets, throw bags, river shoes and wetsuits (if needed), drybag, and helmet.
- Go over equipment from rafts to trailers.
- Rigging and Derigging both rafts and trailers
- Break for lunch
- The afternoon we will get on the water!
- For the next few days we will go over Safety orientation/speech
- One day will be dedicated to Flip training.
- Another day is dedicated to Swim training
- Afternoons will be for hot laps!
- On the final day of guide school we will be doing our check out runs through the white water park.
- After day 6 you will have accumulated the state required 50 hours of training to be a Colorado State certified guide.
- There are no make up days for guide school. Make sure you are on time ready to go each day.