Great adventure and stunning scenery await you in the San Juan National Forest of Southwest Colorado! Enjoy class III and IV rapids along with some calmer sections and visits to historical landmarks.
Telluride San Miguel River Rafting
- Half-Day Per Person
Experience the Unmatched Beauty of the San Miguel River in Telluride (May – June)
Join us on a rafting trip down the San Miguel River in Telluride, CO. In the spring and early summer, this snow-melt-fed river plunges from the high peaks of the San Juan Mountains and pulsates through San Miguel and Norwood canyons. The contrast between the lush riparian ecosystem and the brilliant red sandstone canyon is undeniably unique.
Our four-hour trip is a great way to hit solid Class I-III whitewater river rafting in Telluride. This is what we call “boogie water”. It’s a constant flowing, action-packed section that provides great views. This is a 9.5-mile section with about three hours on the water depending on river levels. We will travel downstream, paddle assist the guide, and then pull over for a riverside snack. Experience the best of Telluride rafting.
Itinerary (10 River Miles) Half-Day Trip Rafting in Telluride
- Select from our tour times listed for they do fill up fast.
- Meet at M&M Mercantile 15-20 minutes BEFORE the start time to meet up with the guides, keep in mind we have little to NO cell phone coverage and we leave promptly at the start time.
- Drive about 10-15 minutes to the river access point.
- Use restrooms and change into the gear you rented at the put-in (wetsuits are required and splash gear is highly recommended).
- Raft the San Miguel for about three hours with a riverside snack (on water times vary due to river flows).
- End the tour and get shuttled back (about four hours after you started) to your car at the M&M Mercantile.
- Tip the guide if you enjoyed the ride! Cash is king because cell phone coverage for Venmo is spotty.
What We Provide
- Safety orientation
- PFDs (Personal Flotation Devices), a.k.a. life jackets — Sorry, no personal PFDs allowed.
- Transportation to and from the river
- Raft guide
- Water and granola bars for snacks
What to Bring (Wetsuits are required, either bring your own or rent for $15)
- Sturdy footwear like old tennis shoes — We also rent river shoes.
- Please, no flip flops or sandals
- Day trips do not have storage. Please leave all personal items in a hotel room or vehicle.
- Sign the digital waiver ASAP for everyone in the group prior to arrival.
- Please arrive 15-20 minutes before your scheduled adventure time.
- Parking is available.
- For sanitation reasons, shirts must be worn under life jackets.