Join us on a raft trip down the San Miguel River in Telluride, CO. In the spring and early summer this snow-melt-fed river plunges from the high peaks of the San Juan Mountains.
Rockwood Gorge Whitewater Rafting
- Raft'n Rail - Rockwood Box w/ train ticket
Paddle Through Rockwood Gorge!
Paddling through Rockwood Gorge is one of the most incredible outdoor experiences. During peak runoff, this section of the river is unnavigable for commercial rafts. As the river level drops in late July and August, this gorge becomes a playground of class III-IV rapids.
We get dropped off by the train at the confluence of Cascade Creek or Tank Creek. After getting geared up, we warm up with 4 miles of class III-IV rapids before we get to the entrance to the gorge. The length of the gorge runs 3 miles and is stacked with steep and technical rapids. Within the walls, we take our time to scout “Red Wall” and the “Guardian,” which are class IV rapids. Satisfaction is the best way to describe the feeling once we reach the takeout.
What We Provide
- Safety orientation
- Delicious lunches
- PFDs (Personal Flotation Devices), a.k.a. life jackets — Sorry, no personal PFDs allowed.
- Transportation to and from the river
- Raft guide
- Splash tops
- Hand sanitizer
What to Bring
- Face masks for the bus ride to and from the river
- Warm clothes for camp
- Hiking shoes
- Water bottle and sunscreen
- Sleeping bag
- Pad and tent are available for a rental fee of $30.
- Waterproof camera
- We also offer a GoPro rental for an additional $50.
- Sign the digital waiver ASAP for everyone in the group. Look for an email called “Action Required” (this may end up in your junk folder).
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled adventure time.
- Parking is available at our location.
- Restrooms and changing areas are available.
- Due to Covid-19, shirts must be worn under life jackets.