This Durango whitewater rafting trip through our national kayak course provides thrilling rapids and Class III rafting. See historical Old West landmarks and hear stories about the early days of Durango.
Upper Box Piedra River Rafting
- Per Person
This breathtaking stretch of the Piedra flows through continuous class I-IV rapids, as we travel downriver through the natural park and aspen groves. About halfway down the river, we will stop for a riverside lunch before we enter the Upper Box Canyon. Once in the canyon, we will go through both Lone Pine and Limestone rapids. This is a great full-day alternative for families who want a little more action and more remote scenery during the operating time to run the river.
- 8:00 meet us at 360 S Camino Del Rio
- 8:30 – Load our vehicle and drive to the put-in near Pagosa Springs, Co
- 10:00 – 11:00: Rig Rafts, Safety Orientation, Put on the water
- 12:00 – 1:00 pm: Riverside Lunch
- 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm: Enter the Class III+ Rapids of Lone Pine and Limestone
- 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm: Take out, load the bus and head back to Durango.